8 WooCommerce plugins we love to use!
WordPress and its eCommerce plugin WooCommerce are two of the most popular and easy to integrate platforms in the market. It is also our preferred choice when building online shops as it is easy to develop and integrate plus it is free!
The marketplace for plugins is vast and we tend to use some more than others. See below some of our favorites:
1. Product image zoom magnifier
YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier
You know how it goes: THE BIGGER THE IMAGE, THE MORE PERSUADED THE CLIENT
The YITH team knows it well: we need to observe with our own eyes to understand the importance of a product. But how can we do it when we purchase online? We want to have guarantees that our look at a product will be satisfied and using quality images to zoom in on can be very helpful.
It would be even better if these images display the object from different viewpoints: recent studies have proved that observing an object from different perspectives could convert up to 27% more site visitors to buying the product!
YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier includes this feature too with a convenient carousel of images under the main frame. Moreover, the zoom window lets users read the information of the product together with the freedom to look at the details, creating a better idea of what they will buy.
2. Product Filter
YITH WooCommerce Ajax Product Filter
With YITH WooCommerce Ajax Product Filter you can simplify product search in your shop. Thanks to the widgets you can easily set up search filters and allow users to browse your products by having quick access to the screen showing only those products which they are interested in.
You can configure the widget using the following options:
- Title: widget title.
- Attribute: product attribute to display (among those created in Products > Attributes).
- Query Type: type of query to apply to the widget when it is added twice in the same sidebar, to give users the option of applying different filters at the same time. AND: show only products that satisfy both conditions set by the user through filters applied; OR: search returns all products that satisfy at least one of the conditions set by the user through filter applied.
- Type List: default value, it is a list of attributes belonging to the selected type in the option “Attribute”
- Colour: list of colour boxes associated to each element of the selected attribute in the option “Attribute”
- Label: list of labels associated to each attribute value selected in the option “Attribute”
- Drop down: select menu that shows all values of attribute selected in the option “Attribute”
- Attribute: choose one of the attributes created in “Products > Attributes” for the widget
3. Multi languages
WooCommerce Multilingual – run WooCommerce with WPML
This ‘glue’ plugin makes it possible to run fully multilingual eCommerce websites using WooCommerce and WPML. Almost every WooCommerce store uses some kind of extension, and WooCommerce Multilingual is fully compatible with popular ones.
- Translate all WooCommerce products (simple, variable, grouped, external)
- Easy translation management for products, categories and attributes
- Keeps the same language through the checkout process
- Sends emails to clients and admins in their language
- Allows inventory tracking without breaking products into languages
- Enables running a single WooCommerce store with multiple currencies
Stripe Payment Gateway
In a few simple steps you can start accepting credit card payments with Stripe Checkout on your WordPress site. As well as this, Stripe continually tests and optimizes their checkout forms to maximize customer conversion.
- Unlimited payment forms
- Mobile responsive Stripe Checkout overlay
- Display brand or product image in overlay
- Optionally collect customer billing address
- Optionally verify zip/postal code without address
- Support for 12 languages, 25 countries and 139 currencies
- Translation ready
- Bitcoin and Alipay payment options
- Multiple Stripe API key support
- Specify payment success & failure pages
- Live/Test mode toggle
5. Import CSV
Woocommerce CSV Importer
WP Ultimate CSV Importer is an import and export tool that helps to build a WordPress site at the drop of a hat by importing Post, Page Custom Post Users Comments WordPress Custom Fields & CustomPress fields Reviews of WP Customer Reviews and SEO fields of All in One SEO. The plugin supports export and import of all Custom Post Types. The import is for selective modules but the export is for all the core modules along with few third party plugins.
- High performance rocket speed import.
- Imports image from an external URL.
- Optimised database with enhanced duplicate handling.
- WordPress core custom fields can be dynamically registered on the flow of import.
- Import static & dynamic content on the flow of import.
- Post type import with terms & taxonomies with any of depth of parent-child values.
- Send email to newly imported User with auto generated password information.
- Can be used in WordPress multisite.
- Post Type import along with multi category & multi tag.
- CSV with any delimiter in UTF-8 format can be imported.
- Exports all the imported files of different modules with filters.
6. Multi currency
WooCommerce Currency Switcher
Currency Switcher for WooCommerce allows your shop to display prices and accept payments in multiple currencies. This will allow your customers the choice of shopping in their favourite currency, thus increasing conversions.
- Allows customers to shop in their preferred currency.
- Automatic update of exchange rates, via Open Exchange Rates, WebServiceX and Yahoo! Finance (more providers coming soon).
- Allows to set exchange rates manually, instead of having them updated automatically.
- Allows to enter prices in each currency for products and coupons, without having to use an exchange rate.
- Allows to set a base currency for each product, and calculate prices in other currencies automatically.
- Automatically detects of visitors’ country (geo-location), with currency set accordingly.
- Filters available payment methods depending on the selected currency.
- Visitors’ preferred currency is persistent and it will be selected automatically at their next visit.
- Integration with the multi currencies feature of Google Analytics.
- Allows to automatically select a currency based on customers’ billing or shipping country, rather than letting them choose it explicitly.
7. Product slider
WooCommerce Product Slider
WooCommerce product slider / carousel allows you to showcase your products in an appealing way.
- Responsive and mobile friendly.
- Navigation arrows, pagination.
- FX and easing effects.
- Short code available for pages.
- Widget ready.
- Translation ready.
- Option to enable CSS3 / hardware acceleration for transitions.
- Multisite supported.
- SEO friendly.
- Custom option to override styles, if necessary without editing the css files.
- Change default colours with colour pickers
- User can set the items “Dimension: (width or height)
- Support all browsers: Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari etc.
8. Abandoned cart
YITH WooCommerce Recover Abandoned cart
Recent research shows that trillions of pounds worth of goods are abandoned in carts by eCommerce site users. What’s interesting is that more than the 60% of these carts can be perfectly recovered and transformed into purchases. The YITH WooCommerce Recovered Abandoned Cart Plugin will just do that: it will help you to convert these abandoned carts into purchase orders.
- Set the span of time after which consider the cart abandoned
- List of all abandoned carts
- Send an email to each user with an abandoned cart
- Customise the content of the email Add dynamically the information of the users and their abandoned carts in the email